Priest Appointments and Movements
This year there are a number of movements within the Diocese detailed below, the majority of said movements/appointments are likely to happen in September.
Parish Priests and Priest-in-Charge
- Fr Paul Andrew to Helston (within Falmouth Parish), and part-time priestly ministry at Treliske Hospital
- Fr Michael Brandon to St Austell as Priest-in-Charge. Fr Michael joins us from the Archdiocese of Birmingham, with his wife
- Fr John Conroy MHM to Ilfracombe as Priest-in-Charge
- Fr James Courtney OSB to Ivybridge and Modbury as Priest-in-Charge
- Fr Guy de Gaynesford to Lynton as Chaplain to the Sisters of Mary Morning Star (Maria Stella Matutina), and to work with the Vicariate for Evangelisation and Catechesis
- Fr Ian Hellyer to Peverell as Priest-in-Charge
- Fr Andrej Jablonski to Kingsbridge and Salcombe, as Parish Priest and Chaplain to Dartmouth Catholic School
- Fr Gilmour McDermott to take on formal oversight of Torpoint and Saltash, as well as Liskaard and Sclerder
- Mgr Keith Mitchell to Bridport as Parish Priest
- Canon Peter Morgan to Barnstaple as Parish Priest
- Canon Kristian Paver to Tiverton as Parish Priest
- Fr Louie Rieunier to be Private Secretary and Parish Priest of Totnes
- Fr Martin Stone to be Priest-in-Charge of Yelverton and Tavistock, priest chaplain at Derriford and sacramental ministry at Dartmoor Prison
- Fr Paul Rea has resigned from ecclesiastical office
- Fr Oscar Ardila to the Cathedral as Assistant Priest, whilst remaining Chaplain to Notre Dame School, and priestly ministry to the Missio as Gentes families of the Neo-catecheumenal Way
- Fr James Barber to Barnstaple as Assistant Priest
- Fr Babu Mattappillil CM to St Peter’s, Crownhill as Assistant Priest. Fr Babu joins us from the Indian Province of the Vincentians
- Fr Cyriacus Ozochukwu to be Assistant Priest at Sacred Heart, Exeter
We congratulate these priests on their new appointments and remember them in our prayers as they start their new mission.
Want to receive our Sunday Gospel reflection?
You May Also Like…
Message from +Mark O’Toole, Bishop of Plymouth I offer my deepest sympathy and my prayers for Her Majesty the Queen, and the entire Royal family, upon the death of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. His links to the South-West were strong, and we give thanks...
Do you want to be a young adult representative for the Diocese of Plymouth at the national Justice and Peace conference in July 2021? As part of our focus on the environment this year, Caritas Plymouth would like to sponsor two young adult Catholics from the Diocese...
On the Feast of St. Edward the Martyr, 18th of March, St. Edward’s school celebrated 30 years of its new foundation as a joint church school. Whilst we would ordinarily have looked forward to welcoming - (Bishop Mark O'Toole, Bishop of Plymouth, Bishop Nicholas...