Cost of Living Crisis
‘Every human being has the right to live with dignity’ Fratelli Tutti #107
Caritas Plymouth, on behalf of the diocese, is able to provide resources to parishes, schools and community groups responding to needs of the people struggling with the cost of living.
- Encouraging parishes and schools to offer warm spaces during winter and to provide guidance and support on where people can access local help for example through foodbanks, community supermarkets and other initiatives.
- Asking all parishes to support their local food bank or to donate to other initiatives such as a local soup run.
- Continuing our crisis grant scheme which can be accessed via our parish and school partners. Please contact the parish priest for more information. Please note we do not provide direct grants or cash support.
- Providing resources and ideas about where people can find help and support. Please contact email@example.com if you would like a copy of our cost of living signposting sheet.
- Working with our partner charities in the Catholic Social Action Network to see where we can advocate for change to help those struggling the most.