Update on the Coronavirus Pandemic
Caritas Plymouth is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and its impact on our work in the coming weeks and months. We are taking all steps necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people we help, staff and volunteers while continuing to share ideas about how we can best support those in need.
The following is updated guidance for parishes on responding to the Coronavirus. This incorporates new material from CSAN and SVP as well as offering details of organisations which are giving grants to local projects at this time.
Covid-19 Emergency Grants (Updated every Monday)
If you are supporting people in your community please do let us know so we can share good news. There is some really great work happening and you can find out more if you follow our twitter page @CaritasPlymouth.
Please remember at all times to follow government guidance https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Welcome to Caritas Plymouth
Caritas Plymouth shares in the mission of the Catholic Church. We support the network of social action charities and parishes within the Plymouth Diocese, working in partnership with them to help poor, vulnerable and marginalised people.
To express Christian love for all people through the practical service of those in need, of all faiths and none, by:
- Increasing support to those in need
- Increasing volunteering and befriending
- Making a greater contribution to the common good of society
- Enhancing education and formation within the Christian community, helping people appreciate the importance of sharing, respect, and love in the spirit of the Gospel.
The Caritas Plymouth network is a confederation of local Catholic charities and parishes. The network will provide mutual support, strategic direction, and added value. It will also develop social action projects which address local need or unite parishes for the common good of society.
Our partners are:
- The Apostleship of the Sea
- The Catenians
- The Catholic Women’s League
- The St Vincent de Paul Society
- The Catholic Children’s Society
Below are a number of resources which you may find useful:
- Caritas Plymouth Strategic Plan here.
- Caritas Community Sponsorship Guide
- Community Sponsorship Diocesan Guide
- Caritas Launch Present