Administering the churches, houses and property of the diocese
The Diocese of Plymouth is 1 of 22 Roman Catholic Dioceses in England and Wales. The Diocese serves around 16,500 parishioners who regularly worship in over 70 parishes throughout Cornwall, Devon and Dorset. We have over 200 individual assets with an insurance value of £16.5million being mainly churches, presbyteries and parish halls plus a range of sundry assets. We also own 37 schools and manage a School Buildings Capital Programme of repairs and improvements to keep these educational assets in good order.
The Property Department provides property related professional advice and assistance to circa 70 parishes and 37 schools within the Diocese. The activities include:
- Ensuring that Parishes undertake their condition survey of parish property and carry out the repairs and maintenance activity identified.
- Pre-contract procurement “client representative” advice to support the re-ordering of churches and other new build construction related projects.
- Facilitate and provide good practice advice on Health & Safety matters for all persons who worship in, work in and visit Diocesan property.
- The co-ordination and operational management of the School Buildings Scheme.
- Pre-contract procurement “client representative” advice to support the construction of new schools and major re-modelling schemes.
- Insurance matters relating to Diocesan property and other activities.
For more information or help please contact:
Property Surveyor, Health and Safety