Diocesan Award 2019
On Saturday 19th October at Plymouth Cathedral, Bishop Mark welcomed a number of parishioners together with their friends and families for the annual Diocesan Awards Ceremony. These parishioners have been involved in a whole host of initiatives and parish activities and the Diocesan Award hopes to shine a light on their amazing work.
This year they were awarded to:
• St Mary’s Barnstaple – Julia Nott
• St John the Baptist & The Assumption, Camborne – Monica Biscoe
• St Joseph’s & St Walburga, Poole – John Gregory, Edgar Riches
• Our Lady and St Neot, Liskeard – Richard Patt, Lesley Morgan
• St Boniface, Okehampton & Holy Family, Chagford – Norma Hynes, Mr & Mrs Teo
• St James & St Boniface, Tiverton – Bridget Tosh, Teresa Cummings
• Our Lady Star of the Sea, Brixham – Patricia Thomas
• St John the Baptist, Dartmouth – Sheila Cripps, Dorothy Sheppard
Congratulations to all who received awards and thank you for their service to the church and Diocese.
News and events from across the diocese
The relics of St. Bernadette are coming from Lourdes to the UK for a national tour of dioceses during September and October. The relics will arrive in Plymouth Cathedral on Friday 9th September (1:00 p.m.) and will stay until Saturday 10th at 1:00 p.m. The tour has...
During the Season of Creation, we are invited to pray, act and focus on the cry of the Earth and the cry of the poor – to listen to those whose voices are less heard; to pray for those individuals, communities, species, and ecosystems which are lost and those whose...
The 30th July is an annual event to raise awareness and increase prevention of people trafficking and modern day slavery. Trafficking in persons is a serious crime and a violation of human rights. Thousands of men, women and children fall victim to traffickers every...