Health and Safety
The Diocese of Plymouth recognises the importance of Health and Safety in the day to day management and administration of the organisation and seeks to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all members of the congregation, visitors and others who may be affected by our activities and to secure the health, safety and welfare of everybody who visits our premises or who works for us in either a paid or voluntary capacity. This will be achieved by ensuring:
1. A Health and Safety Policy is provided and kept up to date in accordance with The Health and Safety at Work Act
2. An effective Organisation is established and maintained to administer the provisions of the Health and Safety Policy
3. Effective arrangements for Planning preventive and protective measures are in place in accordance with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations by ensuring effective Risk Assessments, Method Statements are developed and Safe Systems of Work are adhered to and that all Clergy, Employees and Volunteers are provided with sufficient Information and Training to ensure their competence
4. Effective Controls are applied in accordance with the requirements of relevant statutory instruments (SI), approved codes of practice (ACop) health and safety guidance (HSG) or other relevant guidance notes (e.g. INDG series) or any acknowledged best practice
5. All Health and Safety arrangements will be periodically Monitored and Audited to determine their effectiveness and appropriate corrective action taken where failures have been identified.
6. The Health and Safety Policy will be periodically Reviewed with regard to the organisation and arrangements of health and safety and in conjunction with periodic reviews of Risk Assessments.